Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Training Philosophy

We are compiling Trainers Profiles for our new website at 360 ST (coming soon), and I was asked to write a lil piece on My Training Philosophy I decided to post it here...

I believe that anyone can tell a person to pick up a weight. Anyone can "beast" another and tell them what to do. Once I got message from a gym fiend saying "Oh, I'd love to just have one session with you and end your life." I thought to myself, this guy is missing the point completely.

Personal training is about building trust, taking a persons hand and guiding them, showing them that they can do the unimaginable with their bodies. You as the personal trainer holds another persons body, their most valuable asset in your hands, it's up to us to show you the true athlete you can become.

That being said, these are no incubator sessions I conduct with my clients, yes everyone wants to have fun, functional, radical, insanity, tabata, you name it - everyone wants to be hardcore - its 2012 after all and with the Olympics everyone is going for Gold. But nobody knows the hours of nurturing, coaching, ground work, dedication and sweat.




Everybody sees the victory...





This is where the fundamentals come in. I can't stress how important it is for people to be moving correctly. What's the point of moving if your movement patterns are wrong? Yes you are guaranteed to lose weight with plenty of cardio but what about your base conditioning?
Can you manage and move your body weight efficiently?




Always make sure that you have the correct technique when performing ANY exercise!!! A basic incorrect movement like a poor squat can carry through to all aspects of your training, it could lead to an injury and make matters you are trying to strengthen and correct in fact worse. Ask a professional to assist you. We are there to help, it's our JOB!!!

So what happens after you have lost the "weight"? So now you are adding on large quantities of lean muscle, but you cant shoulder press the weight you want too because of a poor rotator cuff. This is where I come in as a PT (in one of my many ways) to help you build a solid foundation so that you can go from strength to strength and reach your personal goals in the process whatever they may be...




Investing in yourself is a big and exciting decision to make. No one else is going to make the change for you, shift your mindset for you. I can only take your hand and guide you and show you what in my opinion works and what has worked for those around me. My opinions and views are not the only correct ways it can be done but this is My Training Philosophy.

To find out more and to book a session with myself contact me to discuss availability and rates.
Limited space available.

Yours in Fitness

Rushda Moosajee aka Rushtush
Personal Trainer | Lifestyle Coach | Marketing





360 Specialized Training
Block F The Boulevard Business Park
Searle Street, Woodstock
Cape Town

360 Gym: 021 461 0360

Cell: 073 234 1388

BBPin: 268F9E63

Follow Me on Twitter: Rushtush Twitter
Add me as a Friend on Facebook:Add me

Follow Us on Twitter:360 Twitter

Like our Facebook Fanpage:360 Fanpage

Location:In the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment